Specialist health services for young people with SEND

Information on the different types of health services available for children and young people with SEND.

Your doctor can help you find the right people to help you.

Below are some people that can help.

Different types of specialist health services

Specialist children’s services

Specialist children’s services include:

  • occupational therapy
  • paediatric consultants
  • physiotherapy
  • speech and language therapy
  • clinical psychology  

Healthy child team

This is a 0 – 19 North Yorkshire service and provided by Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust:

It includes:

  • health visitors (0-5 only)
  • school nursing services
  • immunisation teams

Specialist equipment

If you need special equipment in school to help you learn, speak to your teacher or your doctor to help you get what you need.

If you have autism

This is a really helpful website you can visit to show you where you can get some help - autism help and information in North Yorkshire

There is also the North Yorkshire Connect website which is full of helpful ideas.

Keyworker Service

NHS keyworker support will be given to children and young people if you need it.

Keyworkers will make sure that you get the right support at the right time.

A keyworker will work with you to make sure you are fully involved in your plans, feel listened to and have the support you need.

For more information, please visit the NHS England Children and young people keyworkers website.