Following a 2022 bid to the Levelling Up Fund by Richmondshire District council, North Yorkshire County Council and the Ministry of Defence, the UK government awarded £19 million to develop Catterick town centre and improve the surrounding land around Shute Road.
The funding will be used to:
- provide more community facilities and space
- improve pedestrian access
- deliver extra retail and commercial premises
- drive further investment into the area
Further details about the proposed changes to the area can be viewed in the Catterick Garrison town centre regeneration levelling up bid document (pdf / 9 MB).
These changes include:
- a new town square
- landscaping improvements
- upgrades to Coronation Park and Shute Road by improving enhanced play spaces and accessible routes to the town centre
- improvements to footpaths and cycle ways through Coronation Park and on the approach to the town centre
- a new community and enterprise facility with glass pavilion and outdoor seating area