Applications received on time will be considered before late applications.
The closing dates for late applications are:
- 31 October 2023 for starting secondary school applications
- 15 January 2024 for starting primary or infant school, or transferring from infant to junior school applications
After the closing dates
You can still apply online after the closing dates until:
- 30 November 2023 for starting secondary school applications
- 18 February 2024 for starting primary or infant school, or transferring from infant to junior school applications
We will consider your application late unless you have provided an acceptable reason to us as the admission authority. If we agree your reason for a late application, your application will be considered along with applications received on time.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your late reasons.
Please do not forget to include your child's name and date of birth in all your emails to us.
After the final dates for changes
You will no longer be able to apply online after the final dates for changes. You will need to contact the admissions team to ask for a paper application form.
Any applications we get after these dates will only be processed from ten working days after the relevant National Offer Day. This will be either:
- 1 March 2024 for starting secondary school
- 16 April 2024 for starting primary or infant school or transferring from infant to junior school
Please note: if you make a late application or change, you may still be allocated a place at your preferred school, if the school is undersubscribed and there are still places available. Otherwise, the normal oversubscription criteria will apply. Remember to make several preferences in case this happens.
Changes and late applications after National Offer Days
You can still make changes to your application after a school place has been offered using the changes to a submitted school application form (pdf / 331 KB).
Please note: we will not withdraw an offered school place until alternative provision has been secured.
Applications received on or after the National Offer Days will be co-ordinated using the same arrangements and criteria as previous applications. Offers for school places will be made according to our published scheme.