Finding a dentist
Information is available on the how to find an NHS dentist page on the NHS website.
Local services and support
We commission the Oral Health Promotion Team at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust. The team provide:
- evidenced-based supervised toothbrushing programme for selected early years settings and all special schools. This is an initiative aimed at reducing the prevalence of tooth decay by increasing exposure to fluoride for children
- designated training for health professionals and staff working with children and babies and other designated staff groups
The Oral Health Promotion Team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other useful sources of information
- the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry Kidsvids page has lined up a great team to help make toothbrushing fun for families. Meet Dr Ranj, Hey Duggee, CBeebies and Brush DJ. Choose a video and be inspired to look after your teeth!
- the Growing up with healthy teeth website offers a free two-part video developed with the Leeds school of dentistry to support parents with easy-to-understand information to protect children’s teeth and avoid decay
- the practical guide to children’s teeth document on the British Society of Paediatric dentistry website is available in 9 community languages
- the Oral Health Foundation website has a range of advice and support