Mutual exchange of properties for tenants in the Richmondshire area

Find out how mutual exchanges work and where to search for a home swap.

A mutual exchange is when one tenant swaps homes with another tenant.

Only tenants who have a secure tenancy agreement are allowed to do this, and both parties will need written permission from their landlords.

It may be a faster way to move than waiting for a transfer.

You can search for a mutual exchange by:

  1. Logging onto the free-to-use Homeswapper website. The service matches you with other home swappers locally and nationally. You simply register, enter details of your current home and the home you want, and see your possible swaps
  2. Checking local papers, community internet sites and shop windows for private adverts.