You will need:
- two level 3 qualifications grade A to C, for example, A level or equivalent
- give level 2 qualification grade A to C, for example, GCSE or equivalent including numeracy and literacy
You may be a school leaver, a graduate or AAT qualified – provided that you meet these requirements, your application will be considered.
All of our teams are officially office based and these training roles will be based at County Hall, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 8AE.
Following the outbreak of Covid-19, the finance service, like many others, successfully worked from home, making good use of the technology that we have, with all meetings conducted remotely through Skype and Teams.
As Covid restrictions have relaxed we are now transitioning to hybrid working with some time spent in the office and some time at home. Bringing individuals and teams together physically to collaborate and build strong working relationships is a key part of our operating model but we also know first-hand how working from home can help us to be more productive and achieve a better work / life balance.
Subject to achievement of each level of professional qualification, this is a permanent post with a four-year training programme, though candidates may complete the qualification within a shorter timescale.
Our benefits include:
- a competitive salary with pay upgrades as you progress through the professional qualification
- full funding and support towards completion of the CIPFA qualification
- career development from day one
- peer support and development with other trainee accountants
- study and exam leave
- management training
- opportunity for volunteering and community based project
- access to a wide range of training and development events as well as extensive on-the-job training
- annual leave starting at 24 days plus eight public holidays
- contributory pension scheme
- flexible working policy and culture
- working with a well-established and supportive team
How to apply
Please read the guidance on this page to help you in completing the supporting evidence section of the application form.
Please note that CVs and applications from agents will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 29 May
Telephone interviews: week commencing 12 June
Final interview and assessment dates: week commencing 19 June
For an informal discussion about the programme, please contact us.