This privacy notice is designed to help you understand how and why North Yorkshire Council processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with our corporate privacy notice.
Who are we?
North Yorkshire Council is a ‘data controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). Filey Brigg camping and caravan site offers a range of services, including site bookings for caravans and camping.
The council has appointed Veritau to be its data protection officer. Their contact details are:
Information Governance Office
Tel: 01904 552848
What personal information do we collect?
The council may collect the following personal information:
- name and postal address
- contact details such as email address and telephone number
- details of correspondence and other contacts; if you contact us, we may keep details of the correspondence and the content of the contact
- sales and service transactions which cover details of all business transactions which take place between us including details of the sales and services we have provided to you as part of those transactions
- information relating to your preferences or opinions collected as part of our client surveys or competitions
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our site
- call recordings (you will be informed upon contacting the council if your call is being recorded or monitored)
Why do we collect your personal information?
The council collects your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage and administer booking requests and purchases
- to manage payments and fees
- to collect and recover monies owed
- to communicate with you regarding your bookings and purchases
CCTV is used for the security of the site, to protect the council’s property and for the safety of our customers, employees and other third parties.
Who do we share this information with?
CCTV recordings may be shared with the DVLA, HM court service and Insurance companies.
How long do we keep your information for?
The council will retain your personal information in accordance with the organisation’s retention schedule. For the purposes of satisfying its statutory obligations, the council is required to retain some information for a set period. However, where statutory retention periods do not apply, the council will only retain the data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected for.
Automatically wiped after a maximum of 6 months
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
North Yorkshire Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
UK GDPR Article 6 (1)(b)-processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
UK GDPR Article 6 (1)(f)- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party. Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing).
For the processing of personal data in relation to CCTV, the council relies upon the following:
UKGDPR Article 6 (1)(e)- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
For more information about how we use your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our corporate privacy notice.