We can help you with:
- learning domestic, life or social skills to become more independent
- applying for benefits, budgeting and managing debts
- finding somewhere to live and setting up home
- gaining access to other support or community services
- finding out about work or training
- dealing with other professionals, family and neighbours and advocating on your behalf
- keeping an eye on your wellbeing
- providing alarm systems to enable people to call for help in an emergency
Completing a financial assessment will help us work out the amount you can contribute towards the cost of services such as Telecare, Lifeline, a warden service or residing in a supported living scheme.
These services are provided by different providers across North Yorkshire.
Contact us for more details of this service.
Our home improvements and adaptations page will help you to access home adaptations and handyperson services to help you live independently at home.
The NHS website has more information on independent living, including: