You can pay for the 2024 garden waste service online.
How does the garden waste collection service work?
- The garden waste service costs £46.50 for fortnightly garden waste collections between March and early December (for customers whose previous licence covered collections in March, the cost this year will be reduced)
- A licence covers one 240-litre wheelie bin to be emptied fortnightly
- Once paid, your licence pack will arrive within 14 days
- Your licence pack will include a sticker that must be displayed on your bin (your service will not start until your licence is displayed)
- Please ensure that your bin is at the kerbside or collection point (with the licence clearly visible) from the night before, as collections can take place from 6am
- How your garden waste is collected depends on where you live. Your garden waste might be collected in a brown or green wheelie bin, compostable liners, sacks or bags
- Check your garden waste collection day (this will include details of any changes to collections over bank holiday periods)
What counts as garden waste?
Only the following garden waste will be accepted in your garden waste wheelie bin:
- Christmas trees (please chop up small and leave them in your bin before your first collection)
- Cut flowers, plants and weeds
- Grass cuttings
- Hay and straw (no animal bedding)
- Hedge clippings
- Leaves and bark
- Small branches or prunings
- Windfall fruit from your garden
We can’t accept:
- Cardboard or paper
- Disposable nappies
- Food waste including fruit and vegetable peelings
- General household rubbish
- Pet waste
- Plant pots
- Plastic bags including compostable or biodegradable bags
- Rubble, soil, stones and turf
Report a missed bin collection
Please tell us about a missed bin collection within 48 hours. You can report a missed collection online.
Terms and conditions
For more information, please see the full garden waste service terms and conditions for 2024 - 2025.
There are alternatives options for residents that do not wish to use the garden waste service. These include:
- home composting - low-cost compost bins are available from our partner Get Composting and start from just £12
- taking your garden waste to one of the household waste recycling centres
Get in touch
Contact us if you have any questions about your garden waste service.