The grants are to repair the fabric of the front of your building(s). The design and materials should be informed by the vernacular of the historical townscape, and architectural period/vernacular of the property.
Use the following criteria to determine whether you are eligible for the grant:
- condition – is the frontage in poor condition?
- appearance – does the shop front compliment the above façade? Is the frontage in scale to the initial building and neighbouring units?
- heritage façade – is the façade/shop front of historic value?
- prominence – is the building in a location which naturally draws attention?
- grouping of units – are there a number of units sitting next to each other that could be developed together and therefore could create a greater impact?
- strategic fit – are the units connected/linked to other improvement projects?