Help with paying rent and mortgages in the Craven area

If you cannot pay your rent or mortgage, or have missed payments, there is help available.

Mortgage and rent payments are priority debts and should always be paid first. If you are having problems, there are a number of services and schemes that can help.

The most important thing to do is to take action as soon as possible and not ignore any problems you may have.

In the Craven area, the following could help.

The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service offers a wide range of free and independent advice on mortgages and the help that is available.

We would recommend that you visit the Money Helper site before making any decisions about your home or entering into an agreement with your mortgage lender. 

Support for mortgage interest

If you are a homeowner, you might be able to get help towards interest payments on:

  • your mortgage
  • loans you have taken out for certain repairs and improvements to your home

This help is called support for mortgage interest. More information is available on the Government website.