- make sure that gas fittings and flues are kept in a safe condition
- you must get an installer to check each gas appliance/flue every year. The installer must be registered with the Gas Safe Register
- give your tenant a copy of the safety check record within 28 days, or to any new tenant before they move in
- keep a record of each safety check for two years
- safety checks also apply to portable appliances such as LPG, or Calor gas, heaters
If an appliance fails a safety check, you must replace it, or get it fixed by a Gas Safe registered engineer before it can be used again.
It is against the law to allow unsafe gas appliances to be used.