We have over 140 bus operators that provide both local bus services and school transport services in North Yorkshire.
We periodically issue invitations to tender for a variety of transport services. Invitations to tender, including supporting documents, will appear on this page when available.
Read our guide to doing business with councils in North Yorkshire (pdf / 907 KB) for more information.
Potential operators should register on the electronic tendering system Yortender. You must confirm registration on the Yortender system by email to: email@example.com. This email should include details of the company name under which you have registered.
Transport service providers - frequently asked questions
Below is a list of tender results for both home to school and local bus services in North Yorkshire.
- Home to school - Craven October 2011 (pdf / 17 KB)
- Home to school - Hambleton October 2009 (pdf / 16 KB)
- Home to school - Harrogate October 2010 (pdf / 19 KB)
- Home to school - miscellaneous October 2010 (pdf / 14 KB)
- Home to school - Richmondshire October 2010 (pdf / 20 KB)
- Home to school - Ryedale October 2011 (pdf / 20 KB)
- Home to school - Scarborough October 2009 (pdf / 17 KB)
Conditions of contract and best practice guide information for operators who have contracted services for home to school, health and adult services and local bus transport is available below.
Conditions of contract documentation - school and local bus transport
- School and local bus transport - conditions of contract 2016 (pdf / 378 KB)
- School and local bus transport - conditions of contract 2015 (pdf / 82 KB)
Conditions of contract documentation - special educational needs
Conditions of contract - health and adult services
Review conditions of contract documentation
- Review conditions of contract 2018 for 2019 (pdf / 482 KB)
- Review conditions of contract 2017 for 2018 (pdf / 92 KB)
- Review conditions of contract 2016 for 2017 (pdf / 87 KB)
- Review conditions of contract 2015 for 2016 (pdf / 82 KB)