Our digital strategy
Our digital strategy gives clear direction as to how North Yorkshire will become a smart county. It is a response to the massive changes as the ‘Digital Revolution’ accelerates and impacts on the county, our citizens and businesses in fundamental ways.
This strategy will focus on five core objectives:
- Thinking and Working Smarter: Accelerating digital transformation in the public sector
- Digital and Smart Communities: Invest in our communities to develop sustainable neighbourhoods
- Skills for a Digital Age: Collaborate with partners to grow digital skills and talent to harness the opportunities offered by the digital world
- Connected North Yorkshire: Enabling the county to be better connected
- Smart Businesses and Growth: North Yorkshire is digitally enabled to be the catalyst for economic growth
What will success look like?
The citizens of the future will be able to access the services they need through the most appropriate channel. Routine transactions will be conducted via self-service and customers will have the choice of having their own public service account. They will be supported by public sector staff who have access to and are able to use technology to find the information they need, supported by streamlined processes and new ways of working. Technology will be harnessed to automate as much routine and transactional activity as possible, allowing staff to focus on actions that add value to North Yorkshire and its residents. Working and living in a smart county where connectivity is the norm through a combination of public sector points of access and public services Wi-Fi. Citizens and businesses will have access to high-speed, broadband across the county, supported by a strong culture of digital skills.
Read our digital strategy
Digital strategy dashboard
Our digital infrastructure projects
£3m York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership Funding
A £3m investment has been approved by York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership Funding to provide digital technology to support recovery and growth for communities and businesses across North Yorkshire.