Executive members for the controlling Conservative party group
The Executive, consisting of the leader and nine other councillors, makes most decisions, but decisions about the budget and major policy framework are made by the full council.
- Councillor Carl Les - leader of the council, also responsible for communications and emergency planning
- Councillor Gareth Dadd - deputy leader and executive member for finance and resources including pension fund, property, procurement and commercial, technology, transformation, revenue and benefits and human resources
- Councillor Derek Bastiman - executive member for open to business including planning, economic development and regeneration, visitor economy, broadband, harbours and relationship with LEP infrastructure board
- Councillor David Chance - executive member for corporate services including locality working and structures, stronger communities, policy and performance, refugee and asylum issues, community safety including CCTV, legal and democratic services, members support, elections, customer contact, community networks and parish liaison, locality budgets, NYLAF and household support and Gypsy and Traveller issues
- Councillor Keane Duncan – executive member for highways and transportation including parking services, street scene, parks and grounds, integrated passenger transport, public rights of way, coastal protection and flooding
- Councillor Michael Harrison - executive member for health and adult services including public health, prevention and service development
- Councillor Simon Myers – executive member for culture, arts and housing including culture, arts, libraries, museums, archives, key venues, leisure, and housing
- Councillor Janet Sanderson – executive member for children and families with responsibility for inclusion, fostering and adoption, children’s social care, safeguarding and prevention
- Councillor Greg White – executive member for managing our environment covering natural capital, which includes climate change, carbon reduction and bio-diversity, waste collection and disposal, regulatory services which includes environmental health, trading standards and licensing, bereavement services, registrars and coroners
- Councillor Annabel Wilkinson - executive member for education, learning and skills including school improvement, early years, apprenticeships, further and adult education, FE colleges and UTCs, relationship with LEP skills board, music service, outdoor education, school admissions, organisation and transport
Leaders of the other political groups
View the membership of all other committees.