Contact options for this service are listed below.
Ways to get in touch
Use the following contact options to ask a question or to make a comment, compliment or complaint.
Webchat is available during office hours via the 'Chat to us' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
You can contact us by telephone on: 0300 131 2131.
Our opening hours are Monday and Tuesday 9am to 5pm; Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm; Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm.
Out of hours
For urgent social care issues that cannot wait until the next working day and the situation requires an emergency response you can contact our emergency duty team on 0300 131 2 131. We provide a contact point for advice and, where necessary, immediate service to individuals and families who are experiencing crisis in their lives.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- a child or young person who is at immediate risk of harm
- a child protection investigation is needed because of physical, sexual or emotional abuse or neglect
- a child or young person needs immediate mental health support
- a vulnerable adult is at risk of neglect or abuse and requires immediate safeguarding
- the care provision for a vulnerable adult has broken down
- an adult is in need of a mental health act assessment
Looking to make a call using the text relay service?
A text relay service for people who are d/Deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment is available via your telephone provider. Text relay offers text-to-speech and speech-to-text translation services. A relay assistant in a call centre acts as an intermediary, enabling people with hearing or speech impairments to communicate with other people over the telephone. You can find out more about the text relay service here.
PostNorth Yorkshire Council