Travel and transport
Transport is one of the largest sources of greenhouse gas and nitrogen dioxide emissions. Find out what we are doing to reduce emissions from transport in North Yorkshire.
- Find out about public transport in North Yorkshire
- Read our local cycling and walking infrastructure plans (LCWIPs)
- Discover the plans for a sustainable transport package in the west of Harrogate
- Read about our active travel projects
- Find out about electric vehicle charging points and our Electric Vehicle (EV) Infrastructure Rollout Strategy
- Read about car share schemes in the Harrogate area
- Take advantage of government grants for electric vehicle infrastructure
Energy efficiency and home insulation
One of the most effective ways of reducing your carbon footprint can be ensuring your home is as energy efficient as possible.
There is a wide range of help available across the county. We have produced an energy efficiency advice guide for areas across North Yorkshire which includes:
- energy saving tips
- energy efficiency standards
- schemes and grants for home insulation and boiler upgrades
- collective energy switching
- oil-buying co-operatives
Get involved in fighting climate change by joining a local group or volunteering for a charity. There are several organisations across the county helping to raise awareness about climate change and encouraging people to take practical steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.