Choose to foster, change a life
Every year, Fostering North Yorkshire looks after over 300 children and young people at any one time, in fostering placements across the county. They range from babies to teenagers, come from many backgrounds, and have various needs, but they have one thing in common - they are all in need of a caring family to help them feel safe, secure and happy.
We are keen to recruit both new and experienced foster carers - if you think you could offer the care and support these children need, we want to hear from you. You can find out more about the children and young people we need foster placements for, and about our great financial packages, excellent training and locally based support by calling us on 01609 534654 or simply complete the expression of interest form below.
Find out more about fostering
Find out more about fostering in the sections below. You can also read more in our guide to fostering (pdf / 6 MB).
Fostering drop-in sessions and information stands
If you would like to know more about fostering opportunities in your area, please come along to one of our informal drop-in sessions and information stands to meet the team and have a chat about fostering:
- Thursday 21 June at Costa Coffee in Whitby, between 10am and 12 noon;
- Thursday 28 June at Costa Coffee in Scarborough, between 10am and 12 noon;
- Friday 13 July at Sainsbury's Supermarket in Harrogate, between 10am and 3pm;
- Tuesday 17 July at Costa Coffee, Northallerton Tesco, between 9.30am and 11.30am;
- Thursday 26 July at Costa Coffee, Harrogate, between 10am and 12 noon; and
- Friday 27 July at Costa Coffee, Ripon, between 10am and 12 noon.